Wednesday, September 2, 2020

What I Wish They Taught Me about Copyright in Art School; Library of Congress, September 1, 2020

, Library of Congress; What I Wish They Taught Me about Copyright in Art School

"I have a confession to make. I made it all the way through a BFA in photography without knowing what exactly copyright was or what it meant for me and my work. It’s not that my professors did anything wrong. They were inspiring, wonderful, and talented creators. It’s never too late to learn though. All of us creators need to understand copyright because it so closely affects us, our work, and our careers. So with classes starting back up both in person and remotely this fall, I wanted to take a moment to speak directly to young creators about what copyright is and how it can help YOU as you start your careers. Why? If it’s worth creating, it’s worth protecting."

No comments: